The Graduate Certificate in Water Policy is run by an Executive Committee made up of University of Arizona faculty from the seven colleges participating in the program. Members of the Executive Committee also play a role in advising students. The Executive Committee currently includes:
- Carl Bauer, Geography & Development, 520-621-1917, email@example.com
- Karl Flessa, Geosciences, 520-621-7336, firstname.lastname@example.org
- George Frisvold, Agricultural & Resource Economics, 520-621-6269, frisvold@Ag.arizona.edu
- Robert Glennon, Law, 520-621-1614, email@example.com
- Katie Hirschboeck, Laboratory of Tree-Ring Research, 520-621-6466, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thomas Maddock, Hydrology & Water Resources, 520-621-7115, email@example.com
- Sharon Megdal, Water Resources Research Center / Agricultural & Resource Economics, 520-792-9591, ext. 21, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kimberly Ogden, Chemical & Environmental Engineering, 520-621-9484, email@example.com
- Kelly Reynolds, Public Health, 520-626-8230, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Edella Schlager, Government & Public Policy, 520-621-5840,
- Jeffrey Silvertooth, Soil, Water, & Environmental Science, 520-621-7228, email@example.com
Carl Bauer currently serves as Faculty Coordinator (see Contacts). The program also has an External Advisory Committee of water experts and professionals.
Students admitted to the Water Policy Certificate program will be assigned initially to a faculty advisor drawn from the Executive Committee.
Although advising is done case by case, the general principle is that students pursuing degrees in policy-related fields will be encouraged to take at least two thematic courses, while students in scientific and technical fields will be encouraged to take a larger share of core courses.
Students who are concurrently enrolled in the Water Policy Certificate program as well as a regular degree program will work with their program advisors to coordinate their studies.
Newly admitted students will be shown a list of potential advisors and will be assigned an initial advisor according to their interests.